The most dedicated team in
Expertise In Optician
If you have a combination of technical and customer services skills and enjoy helping people, a career as a dispensing optician could be for you As a dispensing optician you will dispense and fit spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
You can hustle and put in endless hours each week, but if you’re not stretching your innovative muscles, you’ll never achieve breakthroughs and success. Discover your innovation archetype & specific tactics to realize your potential & faster.
- an aptitude for science and maths;
- the ability to handle ophthalmic instruments;
- a strong commitment to customer care and confidence in dealing with people;
- communication skills to give clear advice to customers;
- sales skills and the ability to inspire customer loyalty;
- commercial awareness;
- teamworking skills;
- manual dexterity and attention to detail.
- interpret optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists;
- give advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling;
- with further training, fit contact lenses and give advice on their care and use;
- take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning;
- advise partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids;
- advise patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed;
- select, manage and order a range of optical products;
Apply for the available jobs
Learn about your career goals and how this position fits into your plan.